Parentage and Paternity

Santa Rosa Paternity Attorney

Getting a legal recognition of paternity or parentage can benefit the mother and the father, as well as the child. The mother can get answers to her questions, the child can start receiving support benefits, and the father can establish a relationship with his child and preserve his parental rights.

Contact Charles D. Stark.  As a Santa Rosa paternity lawyer and founder of the law office of Charles D. Stark, Attorney and Counselor at Law,  I have more than 40 years of experience helping people with family law matters. I represent all parties in actions designed to establish paternity or parentage.

Establishing Parentage

Either a mother or father can initiate a parentage proceeding to establish paternity. A birth certificate alone is not enough to establish parentage. However, in California, voluntary paternity declarations are often completed at the time of birth of the child, and are evidence of paternity. In any case, many fathers initiate parentage petitions in order to protect their custodial relationships with their children. The courts feel that defining this relationship is in the best interests of the child and is essential to establishing fair child support obligations, and they provide a plan for child custody and visitation.

Even if you are not married, you can exercise your right to be a part of your child’s life. Whether you need to petition for a paternity test or require litigation help on your behalf, I can help you build a strong case based on my more than three decades of legal experience. If you are attempting to pursue a paternity action on your own, I can also provide you with sound legal advice as part of my limited representation services.

Call a Sonoma County Parentage Lawyer

If you wish to establish your paternal rights or need assistance with establishing paternity for support payments, I can help. Contact me , a Santa Rosa paternity lawyer, online or by phone at 707-527-9900 to schedule an appointment to discuss your situation.

Contact Us

Sorry. This form is no longer accepting new submissions.